It’s March. We’ve met the New Year… 2.5 months ago? But, guess what? It’s never to0 late to make some promises to yourself! Better late than never, right?
All past years, I’ve been thinking how stupid it was to limit yourself to something. I thought that if you do so, you will not live your life fully. But this year, it has changed. I decided to commit to some goals of mine. I wrote them down as short notes in the journal, and I decided to discuss them here (they are written in a commanding manner because that’s me telling myself what to do):
- Spend less time on my phone/surfing the web. You know, how you just want to check the weather sometimes to decide what you’re going to wear tomorrow, but then you end up scrolling through your Instagram feed for an hour? Well, that has definitely happened to me a couple times (what am I saying, a couple of times?!). This definitely does affect me, and not only my eyesight and my brain activity, but also my time spending. This leads us to my next resolution:
- Manage your time wisely. Try not to lose concentration after school, do not just lie on the couch and stare at your phone screen. Get your work done first, and rest later.
- Eat healthily and work out at least 3-4 times a week (keep up the healthy lifestyle). Since my sports season had ended, I haven’t been really active. And I felt like I was getting stuck down to the couch in some way… I don’t even know, but I felt like I needed the action. And when I started working out on the regular basis, I realized how good it feels, even though it was hard to get used to at first.
- Get out of the house more often. Oxygen is good for you! And life is better in the park, if not on the beach ; )
- Practice driving. Well, that is kind of self-explanatory : )
- Stay positive/no hate. Hate is a strong word, and nowadays people are using it too often when they are talking about things they don’t like. You have probably heard the phrase “Oh my god, I hate this song!” or something like that. And most of the time, people do not have a feeling of hatred, more of a feeling of dislike. And this is an advice for everyone, stay positive!
- Learn how to play at least 3 songs on the guitar. This has been my dream for a while now, and since I have the right equipment, I should bring this dream to live.
- Be less indecisive and less dependent on people. Get out even when no one coming with you. Notice, that after you start saying yes to different and new things, your life will become more interesting and adventurous (proved by own experience: ).
Here are some of my goals for 2017! Tell me what you think about New Year resolutions, do you have any, or maybe you think it’s not a good idea to set them. I’m sorry for my little disappearance, I can’t wait to hear from you ♡